Metso Outotec IP Legal is part of Metso Outotec’s Legal and Compliance function. We provide IP legal expertise and support in all intellectual property related matters such as global IP related policies, guidelines and instructions as well as protection, enforcement and dispute resolution.
We are now looking for one third- or fourth-year law student to work as an IP Legal Trainee at Metso Outotec HQ in Helsinki. The working hours are part-time, and the working period is six months starting approximately on mid-December 2021.
As an IP Legal Trainee, you will:
- Support IP legal lawyers in various IP law related matters such as IP infringement cases, enforcement and dispute resolution
- Support IP lawyers in corporate trademark portfolio management and brand protection
- Support communication with authorities globally
- Provide support for internal IP related policies, guidelines, instructions and projects such as trainings and presentations
- Co-ordinate meetings and assist in other administrative/paralegal tasks, such as project coordination
- Have an opportunity to work in a multinational environment and to enjoy an innovative and supportive atmosphere
- Have versatile and challenging tasks in a global setting that will develop your professional skills and competencies
To succeed as an IP Legal Trainee, you will need:
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn more. We are looking for proactive individuals with a can-do approach, who shows initiative, ability and adaptability. You enjoy challenges and like working as part of a team but also independently.
- Genuine interest towards intellectual property
- Fluent communication skills in Finnish and English. Other language skills and study exchange program or work experience abroad are an asset.
- At least half of your law studies completed. Additionally, prior work experience in intellectual property matters (e.g. in a law firm, in-house legal department) is considered a benefit.
We offer you an opportunity to work, learn and grow as a part of a global team consisting of highly skilled professionals, and a truly global working environment. Fill in our online application with your CV and transcript of records as soon as possible since the position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found. However, applications should be sent by 5.11.2021 at the latest. Please note we are not able to accept applications sent by e-mail.
For more information, kindly contact VP, IP Legal Pirke Fustinoni primarily by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call on Friday 15.10.2021 from 15.30 to 17.00 or on Wednesday 20.10.2021 from 15:30 to 16:30 (+358 40 180 2626).