Sanoma Oyj - Ethics & Compliance Programme Manager with a focus also on Data Privacy
Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to continue to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media business provides independent journalism and engaging entertainment and will also do so for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our 2021 net sales totaled EUR 1.3 billion and we employ approximately 4,800 professionals. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
The Compliance and Privacy team in Group Legal is responsible for managing annual compliance activities such as Policy reviews as well as training and awareness building activities to promote compliance with Sanoma’s policies. The team runs Sanoma’s Privacy Programme, providing privacy guidelines to business, and monitoring over-all privacy compliance. The team works across all of Sanoma’s businesses: Sanoma Learning, Sanoma Media Finland and the entire Sanoma Group.
We are now looking for a maternity leave substitute for a
Ethics & Compliance Programme Manager with a focus also on Data Privacy,
Ethics and Compliance is at the core of our business: our free media helps promote values such as freedom of speech and open democracy, while our learning solutions help students reach their potential. To help Sanoma commit to fair and ethical business practices you will be responsible for managing the annual projects of both the Compliance and Privacy programme.
As a compliance wizard you will lead a variety of projects to ensure that privacy and compliance policies, processes, tools and business concepts are effectively implemented across the Sanoma organization. Sanoma launched its sustainability strategy last year, and we are putting a focused effort on improving our ESG reporting, as well as integrating compliance related activities as part of our business operations. You may consider yourself a policy enthusiast, a sanctions expert or a multitalented change management leader. In this role, you will partner closely with stakeholders across the organization such as Group procurement, Group technology, HR and the local compliance networks in the business units.
If concepts such as sustainability, ethics and built-in compliance are familiar to you, and you want to drive their implementation in a media and learning setting, you may be just the person we are looking for. You will be part of the Group Legal team, reporting to the Director of Compliance and Privacy. This is a temporary position of 12 months during the maternity and possible parental leave of the current Compliance Project Manager, preferred starting date in June or July 2022.
Ethics & Compliance Programme Manager responsibilites
- Help improve policies and standards in various compliance areas such as antibribery and corruption, know-your-counterparty and sanctions compliance, donations and sponsorships and various other compliance frameworks.
- Manage the process of compliance checks (sanctions checks, reputational risks) in the KYC process together with finance and procurement teams
- Manage projects and annual clock activities in support of the Privacy and Compliance Programme to help maintain maturity while integrating newly acquired companies. Such responsibilities include:
- Annual policy review
- Annual compliance and privacy guidelines review
- Related party survey and compliance risk surveys
- Assist the Compliance ad Privacy team to monitor over-all compliance (KPIs) of different business teams.
- A Master’s degree in law, political sciences, or other degree with relevant transferable skills
- 2-5 years of experience in managing complex projects involving organizational problems solving
- Curiosity to understand how digital technology, privacy, compliance and risk management relate to business development opportunities
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Hands-on attitude as this position combines high-level alignment, as well as focus on details and implementation
- The ability to quickly master new concepts and make good value judgments
- A good command of English, both written and verbal.
Interested? Fill out your application latest by 10th, May 2022. Please note that we will be reviewing the applications as they arrive. We work virtually, so you may be located in any of our operating countries in the Nordics, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain. If you have any questions, please contact Riikka Turunen, Group Director of Compliance and Privacy email@example.com.