We are now looking for a Compliance Officer to join Vaisala Headquarters in Vantaa
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on over 80 years of experience, Vaisala provides observations for a better world. We are a reliable partner for customers around the world, offering a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services. Vaisala has been also evaluated as the most sustainable Finnish stock-listed company on two fronts. In a reputation study among Finnish private investors, Vaisala was voted as the most sustainable company. Additionally, Vaisala is on the top place in an ESG rating by Sustainalytics, an expert in sustainability analytics of stock-listed companies. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs over 1,900 professionals worldwide and is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange. Company revenue in 2020 was over 379 M€. Read more about Vaisala Oyj at https://www.vaisala.com/fi
About the Role
We are seeking a Compliance Officer with a strong background in compliance to join Vaisala legal team in the Vantaa headquarters. As this role is new in Vaisala, you will have the opportunity to develop the compliance function to meet the current and future compliance needs.
Your responsibilities include
- Over-all responsibility for compliance matters within the Vaisala Group.
- Development of the compliance function, our policies, procedures, and practices.
- Close liaison with and support to relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Supervision and training related to our policies.
- Monitoring of and advisory on new and emerging regulatory developments.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidate has an LL.M. or other qualifying degree and at least 2 years of post-graduate compliance experience. We expect relevant working experience in the compliance field and value subject matter knowledge in topics such as Code of Conduct, anti-corruption, third-party retention, and MAR. To succeed in your role as Compliance Officer, you will need a hands-on-attitude and strong drive for development activities. We also expect you to have good communication skills and proficiency in English. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
We expect you to have
- LL.M. or other qualifying degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the compliance field for example as an in-house counsel or at a law firm.
- Subject matter knowledge in topics such as Code of Conduct, anti-corruption, third-party retention, MAR, and export control.
- Experience in compliance practices and modern compliance tools. Strong communication and presentation skills; training capabilities.
- Proficiency in English.
You will also benefit from
- Other language skills.
- Experience in topics such as anti-money laundering, customs processes, ISO certifications, and insurances.
Interested to join Vaisala?
The recruitment process is operated by Paragraaffi Ltd. We review all received applications on an ongoing basis, and we will conduct interviews as soon as suitable candidates are found. Please submit your application and video presentation in English at our website by 23rd of January 2022 at the latest. For more information, please contact Legal Talent Consultant Anna Hallio (050 5522 366, email@example.com).
At Paragraaffi, we promote equality in work-life, and we are committed to a legal profession that is open to all, diverse, and non-discriminatory.