Our Claims management team at Logistics and Operations needs you! If you have experience in claims handling and possibly process development and excellent analytical and social skills, we might have a match. Come contribute to our growth journey and our mission to create a healthier planet for our children!
We are looking for a
to join our Claims management team in Espoo.
Due to the positive growth, we are looking for talent to join our growing claims management team. The team is responsible for managing globally Neste Corporation’s cargo, transportation, storage, handling and operations claims related issues e.g. developing and commenting contracts, preparing and handling claims as well as supporting the stakeholders in their claims handling, negotiating and settling disputes. We also add value by developing and maintaining clear processes, templates, instructions and co-operation models for claims handling. We provide loss prevention and claims handling support globally to all business units in the most complex claim categories and arrange frequent training. We also take care of claims reporting to the business and leadership team of Logistics and Operations.
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future are
- Support in preparing and issuing claims to customers and suppliers and other parties
- Evaluating legal and contractual validity of claims received from Customers, Owners and suppliers or other parties.
- Negotiating and settling disputes.
- Collecting claims receivables.
- Development of clear and effective claims management processes, systems and cooperation models with stakeholders.
- Supporting internal stakeholders in all claims related matters, including: providing guidelines and recommendations to internal stakeholders reviewing, drafting and commenting claims related clauses in contracts, charter parties and GTCs.
- Providing legal and operational advice and training to business/ commercial operations and vessel operations and other stakeholders.
You will work closely with insurance companies, law firms, suppliers, customers, surveyors and with the internal stakeholders like shipping and chartering, commercial operations, sales, supply, trading, legal, insurance, finance, support services and land logistics teams to ensure smooth cooperation while securing that Neste’s contractual and legal rights are efficiently exercised and protected through claims handling done in a timely and consistent manner. We also take into account business drivers, business relationships and trade practices of different business units.
You will report to the Claims Manager in Espoo.
The best combination to success in this role
- Business, maritime, logistics and/or law degree or similar skills acquired through work.
- Good legal argumentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and social skills with ability to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to work independently, endure stress and at times hectic working pace, fluent oral and written English and Finnish
- A team player with a positive and service-minded attitude
We also value
- International experience of shipping and logistics activities of oil or chemical industry or marine/cargo insurance
- Understanding of non-bulk shipments and related activities
Please submit your application, CV and salary expectations by May 16, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Claims Manager Tiina Kapulainen, tel. +358403380831, on 2nd of May during 14-16 (EET) or on 10th of May during 14-16 (EET).
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude assessment.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together‘’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.