We are now looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join Tesseract Group in Helsinki
Since inception in 2017, Tesseract has been a forerunner and one of the longest-standing market participants in the digital asset lending market. Digital asset lending is one of the fastest growing industries in the global cryptocurrency sphere. Serving the interests of digital borrowers and investors alike, the sector has seen the amount of active crypto credit soar to over 10 BUSD, with a six-fold increase in 2020 alone. Tesseract, based in Helsinki and backed by leading Nordic investors, is at the absolute cutting edge of this development. During the past three years, we have extended hundreds of millions of credit across our innovative cross-margin prime lending and collateralized lending programs. We pride ourselves on our proprietary technology and our can-do attitude. Last year, our company grew more than 10x year-on-year and we are constantly looking for new people to join our team of high performers. Read more about Tesseract at https://tesseractinvestment.com.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Compliance Officer with a strong background in cross-functional compliance management to join a group of like-minded achievers. In your role, you will focus on leading the crypto compliance function covering all Tesseract crypto-related products and services, and act as the senior domain expert for crypto regulation.
Your responsibilities include
- The design and oversight of the crypto regulatory risk & compliance monitoring program
- Leading the mapping of all Tesseract cryptocurrency products and services against the evolving global regulatory landscape
- Leading new crypto licensing and registration projects (globally)
- Advising on complex regulatory issues
- Advising on new and emerging regulatory developments e.g., MiCA
- Developing and maintaining positive and transparent relationships with Regulators and Authorities (inc. the FIN-FSA, Finnish Customs, EU Commission etc.)
- Overseeing the drafting and ongoing maintenance of robust policies and procedures
- Managing the submission of ad hoc & routine regulatory reporting, including formal notifications (where required)
- Reviewing and approving financial promotions / marketing campaigns
- Supporting product development, including advising on the use of licenses & registrations to develop product and services
- Giving general compliance opinions/support
- Being a designated regulatory approved individual (in multiple jurisdictions if required)
Tesseract is currently a small but fast-growing team of ~20 people, located in Maria 01 startup community in central Helsinki. At Tesseract, we love the dynamic and high-pressured environment as it drives us to be the next generation of problem-solvers that we are. We offer fast-paced but flexible working hours with remote working opportunity and the opportunity to contribute in building world-changing solutions. At Tesseract, you can expect a front-row seat to the global crypto market, especially within digital asset lending. You will also learn from tight-knit team of experts in finance, technology, business and other fields.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidates have a LL.M. or equivalent qualifying law degree and at least 3 years of post-graduate experience. We expect prior working experience in the financial services and value a subject matter knowledge in cryptocurrency regulation including FATF Guidelines, 5AMLD and the Travel Rule. We also expect a proven track record in the development of dynamic regulated products and services as well as experience in building working relationships with regulators and law enforcement agencies. The knowledge of Finnish finance and capital market regulation is essential for the role. Additionally, we expect the ability to advise colleagues on complex regulatory issues and successfully manage multiple projects at the same time. Fluency in written and spoken English as well as Finnish or Swedish is a prerequisite. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
We expected you to have
- LL.M. or equivalent qualifying law degree
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in financial services
- A subject matter knowledge in cryptocurrency regulation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent language skills in English and Finnish or Swedish
You will also benefit from
- Prior experience from cryptocurrencies
- Other language skills
You will operate as a key member of an international team, and therefore, we value candidates with strong communication and presentation skills. We also appreciate the ability to work to short timelines in a fast-paced environment and the willingness to travel.
Interested to join Tesseract?
The recruitment process is operated by Paragraaffi Ltd. We review all received applications on an ongoing basis, and we will conduct interviews as soon as suitable candidates are found. Please submit your application at our website by 26th of September 2021 at the latest. For more information, please contact Legal Talent Consultant Anna Hallio (050 5522 366, email@example.com).
At Paragraaffi, we promote equality in work-life, and we are committed to a legal profession that is open to all, diverse, and non-discriminatory.